I Capuleti e i Montecchi
The Opera Project 2024, Music by V. Bellini (1801-1835)
The opera project is an innovative, modern video staging of highlights from Bellini's opera I Capuleti e i Montecchi. A studio recording with orchestra will be made, after which video shooting will take place. Rehearsals, recording and filming will all take place in Trieste, Italy in 2024 (dates will be determined according to the availability of the selected lead soloists).
A professional photoshoot themed on I Capuleti e i Montecchi will be made to publicise and promote the project.
The final product will be broadcast online on a variety of platforms, and shared with press and TV in Italy and abroad. The finished film will also be made available to the performers for their own portfolio and auditions.
How to audition?
- Option 1: Enroll in the masterclass from August 27th-30th in Montepulciano to participate in 4 days of preparatory
coachings, workshops and seminars. In this case the final audition for the role of Giulietta is included in the masterclass' cost (for details, please see below).
- Option 2: Direct audition for the role of Giulietta*. This doesn't include attendance to the masterclass and an audition fee shall be paid to attend the audition.
*Auditions in person:
- Montepulciano, Italy, August 30th 2023
- Trieste, Italy, September 28th 2023
*Online auditions: September 4th-6th 2023
This 4-day masterclass, to be held in Montepulciano, Tuscany from August 27th-30th 2023, is aimed at preparing singers for a final audition for the role of Giulietta in OperUs' Opera Project 2024: a professionally filmed, video performance of extracts from Bellini's I Capuleti e i Montecchi.
What does the Masterclass offer?
- Daily individual coachings on stylistic and technical approaches to the score
- Italian language and diction class focused on extracts of I Capuleti e i Montecchi
- Duet and collaborative performance coachings
- Il Fraseggio Italiano: group seminar with Prof. Antonella Costantini
- Final audition fee included in the masterclass’ cost.
Who is this masterclass for?
The masterclass is aimed at sopranos over 18 years of age. No upper age limit is stipulated.
What are the benefits of the masterclass?
As well as valuable experience, the benefits of the workshop will include deep technical, practical and phonetic analysis of the selected repertoire and one soprano will ultimately be selected for the role in the Opera Project 2024 at no further cost. All attendees will also get the chance to network with industry links including agent Stefano Scardovi.
What is the cost of the masterclass + audition?
The 4 day masterclass' cost is 350€+VAT (including final audition fee).
What is the cost of the audition only?
The audition-only fee is 50€+VAT (and does not include attendance at the masterclass)
To apply for the masterclass, for the audition-only or to request further information click on the "Info & applications" button below!